Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's been awhile!

It's been too long since I last posted which was about my dear friend Misty's death. There is not a day that goes by that my heart doesn't break for her family and that I wish I could see her again. I dream about her often. I dream lots of times that I know she is about to leave me, and so I hold on to her really tight. Misty is buried along the route to my parents' house. Every time I pass her I cry. I just can't seem to wrap my mind around the fact that she's over there in the ground under the snow-her body I mean- the body that I know- the girl that I grew up with- I know her nail beds, her laughter, the way she tied her tennis shoes, the way she pulled her hair out of her eyes...I just can't imagine the pain and loss her family faces every day because I hurt so deeply-deeper than I've ever hurt before- and I'm just a friend....
In the midst of this we have shared some wonderful moments over the last couple of months that I'd like to share. In this picture above we were getting ready to board a plane for California (Jan.31st) !!! Yes! I got a break and was able to join Austin on a work trip to San Diego!! Mom and Dad kept the kids- our first time to leave Annelise!! It was hard, but she did great!! That was an answered prayer.

We stayed at the historic Hotel Del Coronado!! It was beautiful!!! I got a chance to read and relax!! It was truly a gift!

After San Diego, I flew home; however, Austin flew to Denver and skied with some friends! He had the time of his life!! Austin grew up skiing with his family, and so this was a big treat to go back to the slopes. He actually snowboarded instead of skied. He said he had forgotten how much he enjoyed it. He also said he was reminded out there in the beautiful mountains of how big God truly is!


Here are Matt and Matt out on the slopes. Austin said they were both great skiers!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: