Monday, May 16, 2011

Last but not least, this Spring Caleb asked Jesus to come into his heart! We are thrilled. I could tell he had been thinking about it for at least a week or so- asking questions and wanting to talk about it more. - specifically about a book called Adam Raccoon and the King's Big Dinner (a parable book for kids). He asked about the big dinner God was going to have for believers and wondered if he'd be there. I told him all those who ask Jesus to forgive them of their sins and surrender their hearts to him would be there, adopted into God's forever family. He said, "I want to be there, Mom, right between you and Dad!" Then on April the 26th- a day that I had set aside for rest for us- playing in the floor with Annelise and me he brought it up again- asking to talk about the promise God made to Abraham. He said, "I want to be in God's family and to be apart of the promise God gave Abraham." Then with the biggest grin he ran back to his room, and got on his knees by his bed-I followed him. He said he wanted to ask Jesus to come into his heart. We talked about what that really meant, and he prayed the sweetest prayer I will never forget- it was music to my ears! He then told me he wanted to be baptized. So, we are going to baptize him in the Stones River next month!
- I know that he is young, but I also know that he gets it- he didn't just want to be like someone older than himself- he truly wanted to be apart of God's family and he knew that it was a choice only he could make. The gospel is amazing because it is truly simple enough for a child to understand yet profound enough to make us continue to "work out our salvation" and "grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior" for a lifetime. And I'm convinced that on that day Caleb knew he was a sinner and that he needed a Savior- and he knew the only true Savior is Jesus Christ. I believe the angels were singing that day as they wrote his name in the book of life. And what a blessing for me to witness my son be transferred from the dominion of darkness as Colossians 1:13 tells us and into the kingdom of the Son he loves!!! "Praise the Lord oh my soul, all my inmost being praise his Holy Name...who forgives all your sins...who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion...for as high as the heavens are above the earth so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the East is from the West, so far has he removed our transgressions from us... Psalm 103.
May the wonder of the most amazing gift we could ever receive continue to capture our hearts, make us humble, and cause us to follow after Him!
We will keep you updated on Caleb's health.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: