Monday, July 18, 2011

Highlights

First of all we want to say how truly encouraged our hearts were and are that so very many of you took the time to pray with us a couple of Sundays ago. We were humbled by those who gathered around us in our church body, and by those from Harpeth Hills and many others in the Nashville area! Wow! We wholeheartedly believe that God heard all of our fervent prayers for Caleb; we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for going to the Father on our behalf not only collectively that Sunday but all of the many times you have prayed for us over the years. What a gift!


To keep you updated, Caleb is having another MRI tomorrow Tuesday, July 19th. We then will find out the results on Wednesday. We will keep you posted.

Many have asked how we have been doing with all of this, and I thought I’d take a moment to share. I was singing last night to the kids the song, “I will Sing of the Mercies of the Lord Forever,” and it dawned on me how I truly wanted to sing to you of His mercies over the past couple of months. During this time we have heard news that we hoped we would never ever hear from any doctors at any time. It felt like a nightmare coming true- the nightmare in the back of our minds the past 4 and a half years. We have felt and still do feel fear, anxiety, and sadness, but I can honestly say that in the midst of these very strong emotions we don’t feel consumed or characterized by them. We know this strength is not of ourselves but from our heavenly Father, because we know there have been days we could literally be paralyzed in fear or swimming in our own tears. I have told several people that I have felt like I’m walking in some scary deep dark woods; however instead of panicking or being paralyzed in fear, I realize that I am not alone- that Christ is present. I still cannot see where I am going, and it feels really scary, but I know that He is with me and ultimately He is in control. That is an amazing feeling! The God of the heavens and earth is with me and at work in me- the Emmanuel, the Jehovah Shama! He is with Caleb and Austin and every single one of us- it’s “His incomparably great power that is at work within us who believe (Eph. 1:19,20)- the same amazing power that raised Christ from the dead! I was reminded of a verse from a friend- 2Cor. 4;8-9 “We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.” Paul was not consumed because he was being lifted up by God’s everlasting arms “for those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength…” Isaiah 40:31 We are experiencing Him in this way and we thank you for your prayers. We know that we are not the only ones walking through hard things, and we would absolutely love to pray for you. Please let us know how we might better do that.

We have truly been encouraged that God has delivered us today from having to take action through treatment at Vanderbilt. God has answered all of our and your prayers on that so far, and we are very grateful. I feel like there is more to share of the things he is teaching us and the prayers He's answering, but I will have to write more later. For now I'd like to share the highlights we've had in the midst of the storms over the past 2 months.God has been so good!


Here were are at our Adoption Yard Sale! We raised over $1000 dollars!! Wow! We think the Lord multiplied it before our eyes! Caleb sold lemonade for several hours and yelled, "Lemonade for sale! We're adopting!" from the top of his lungs!! ;) He kept asking why people were laughing at him! We long to know the child God has for us and look forward to bringing her home.


Here are all the kids helping out. Chase's girlfriend, Krystle, came up to help watch Annelise for the day. She was a tremendous blessing! Thank you again!!


Enjoying a day at the zoo.

No comments: