Thursday, May 09, 2013


Here are Chase and Krystle at their rehearsal the night before the big day! The dinner was at Maggiano's in Nashville. It was a really special night. The food was unbelievable, the slide-show was tear- jerking, and the letters/gifts that Chase and Krystle gave their parents were outstanding. They honored their parents in such a lovely way for everyone present. What a beautiful night of remembrance.  


And the wedding day could not have been better! It was a gorgeous day! Perfect weather and the venue for the wedding was amazing. Caleb and Annelise had a great time- we were so proud of them! And they looked so grown up- so handsome and beautiful- we couldn't believe they were ours! ;)

Here they are with KG and Mr. Jim.

What a blessing these babies are to me and what a sweet day I will never forget.

Cousin Adam is holding his almost 1 year old, Jonah' who is Adam's clone. He is the most adorable baby - I just want to eat him!!

Krystle looked absolutely beautiful on her special day.

I loved the background of this old brick building in Nashville.
Chase and Krystle- your wedding was so much fun- you did an outstanding job on all the details and my favorite part was your heart behind the big day, which was your true desire to unite yourself under the headship of our Jesus and to create a marriage that will be a beacon of light for all those your path cross. We love you.

and lastly- Uncle Chase bought Caleb a lego set for the big day- Caleb had a blast building it with cousin Adam who is a big kid at heart! ;)


Here we are at my Dad's 60th. We started the celebrating at Ma's house for lunch. We gave him a special collage book of old and new pictures and letters from family and friends. Then we sat in the den and read him our letters. I loved telling my dad things I'd never told him before and listening to others share their deep love for Dad as well. Dad kept saying he wasn't suppose to be around to hear these things being said- (meaning they should be told at his funeral). But what good is that? We wanted Dad to know how we felt about him, and it was so good to set aside time to tell him.

Here Mom is sharing her letter. It was beautiful- reminiscent of her days of dating Dad to all the years in between-good and hard. It was a blessing to hear her love for her Knight in shining armor.

Afterwards, we took Dad bowling! Grayson had a blast!!!

One thing you can always count on Dad for is a good laugh. When you need a "pick-me-up," call my dad. He is the best at making others feel better, taking life a little less seriously, and finding the good and the funny in everything. I love you, Dad.

And lastly, we surprised my dad with a party at the house! About 50 dear friends and family came to celebrate. It was really endearing to see so many come out-even his cousin from Atlanta! What a gift!

And this cake was delicious!- caramel cake--yum, yum!

I wish we had gotten a group picture around Dad- these pictures don't capture the wonderful night it was. I think my favorite part was sitting around with several at the end and hearing my Uncle and some others tell old stories of them together growing up- Caleb sat in there and laughed so hard. It was a memorable night.

Here is a picture of Stan and myself. He shared some stories as well. What a gift he and the Ezell family have been to my dad and to our family for so many years.

Dad, we love you and wish you many more- for our sake!

Well, we will keep you posted as we meet with the Opthamologist soon and as well celebrate Will T's big day as well.
Much love, Nicole

No comments: