Sunday, August 08, 2010

Annelise has had some milestones as well over the past few months. Milestone #1-turning one! I can't believe she's a year! She has changed so much and it's gone by so fast- she is the biggest snuggle-bug with not only her stuffed animals but also with Mommy and Daddy. We eat it up! She is definitely different than Caleb- she has a little more spunk-little more of an opinion- she absolutely loves the water and is not afraid- and she is what Ma calls a bumblebee (very busy and curious)-but she is so fun and such a sweetheart! We are loving her dearly. She also loves food as much as Caleb- if that's possible!!!

Here she is eating her first cake! We had her party out in the blazing sun- what were we thinking??!! To see more of her birthday click here.

Milestone #2 - walking. Annelise is walking everywhere these days- it's been so fun to see her up on her feet! And look at that tan! She has her Mimi's skin.
Milestone #3- talking. Annelise is saying a few words! Dada, hot (without the "t" sound), Mama sometimes, and "Tuh" for Tuck- the neighborhood cat. Caleb can't wait to hear her say his name!
And Milestone #4- no longer a baby. This one is a milestone for both Annelise and myself. I just can't believe it. Austin and I want more children; however, we don't feel called to having any more of our own. We want to adopt. More than likely we won't be bringing home a baby. This is a big deal for me. I am done with pregnancy, with nursing, and with holding my own newborn infants- it's sad, but it feels right too. I have cherished these times with my two- thank you Lord for these precious gifts you have given us. It has been a tremendous joy.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: